Kepler is looking for a detail-oriented student to serve as an Assistant in charge of career support services. This work-study requires 10 – 15 hours per week and will last for three months with a possibility of extension. The assistant’s primary role will be to assist with tracking employment opportunities, collecting data of students on internship and employment, implementing specific initiatives, etc. The Assistant will have the following responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in receiving and reviewing application files of students and select top candidates to be recommended where necessary.
- Assist with student employment data collection, tracking, and management for ease of interpretation and decision making.
- Assist in coordinating Career support services e.g, weekly online career support services etc
- Assist with different initiatives beneficial to students’ career preparation
- Any other task assigned by your direct supervisor
Qualification and Qualities
- Have started to work on BA with at least 60 competencies and in good academic standing (must be maintained throughout the job)
- Familiar with the support structures and policies in the Careers department
- Creative and critical thinker
- Organized, Extreme attention to detail, and good at the time and task management.
- Proficient with using Google Products(creating and uploading files and folders, sharing files folders, google forms, etc.)
- Excellent in using and manipulating Excel and Google spreadsheets to record and perform calculations
- Honest and trustworthy, able to manage confidential data
- Excellent professional communication skills
- Meeting deadlines
- Experience with graphic design is an added advantage
- To apply, please upload your cover letter and your most updated resume on this form
- The deadline for this application 9/6/2021
- Address your cover letter to Mable Mirembe (Upload file names as First Name Lastname_Cover Letter/Resume)