Work study description
Kepler is looking for a detail-oriented student to serve as an Assistant to the Director of Careers and Alumni Affairs. This work-study requires a commitment of 10 hours per week and will last for 4 months with a possibility of extension. The primary role of the assistant will be to assist with careers events, tracking employment opportunities, collecting data when needed, implementation of specific initiatives, etc. The Assistant will have the following responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect available job opportunities on a weekly basis and share with careers staff.
- Assist in organizing Careers events hosted on campus or outside the campus (if necessary).
- Assist with the logistics connected to careers events
- Assist with different initiatives that are beneficial to students’ career preparation as deemed necessary by Director of Careers and Alumni Affairs.
- Be ready to perform any other task as determined by the Director of Careers and Alumni Affairs.
Qualification and Qualities
- Have started to work on BA and in good academic standing (must be maintained throughout the job)
- Familiar with the support structures and policies in the Careers department
- Ability to manage logistics and able to plan and manage events
- Creative and critical thinker
- Organized, detail-oriented, and good at time and task management
- Proficient with the use of Google Products(creating and uploading files and folders, sharing files folders, google forms etc)
- Good at both written and oral communication
- Not having another work study
To apply, please upload your cover letter and your most updated resume on this form
The deadline for this Application is Feb 14, 2019
NB: Address your cover letter to Jean Marie Vianney Hitamungu
(Upload file names as: Firstname Lastname_Cover Letter/Resume)
For any questions regarding the position, please contact:
Jane Kayihunga, Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org