Work study description
Kepler is looking for a detail-oriented student to serve as an Assistant to the Director of Teaching and Learning Enhancement. This work-study requires a commitment of 10 hours per week and will last for 4 months with a possibility of extension. The primary role of the assistant will be to assist in day-to-day administrative work in the department, record keeping (physical and online), delivering internal and external memos, collecting data when needed, implementation of specific initiatives, etc.
The Assistant will have the following responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and scheduling operational department activities
- Receiving and keeping all records in the department on a daily / weekly basis.
- Assist in all administrative and operational work in the department (if necessary).
- Assist with the logistics connected to the department and VC office
- Assist with different initiatives related to Quality Assurance and Accreditation as deemed necessary by the Director of Teaching and Learning Enhancement.
- Be ready to perform any other task as determined by the Director of Teaching and Learning Enhancement.
Qualification and Qualities
- Have started to work on BA and in good academic standing (must be maintained throughout the job)
- Familiar with the administrative functions in the organization
- Ability to manage logistics and able to plan and manage department activities
- Organized, detail-oriented, and good at the time and task management
- Creative and critical thinker
- Proficient with the use of Google Products (creating and uploading files and folders, sharing files folders, google forms, etc)
- Willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the set objectives.
- Good at both written and oral communication
- Not having another work study
To apply, please upload your cover letter and your most updated resume on this Folder The deadline for this Application is April 28, 2019
NB: Address your cover letter to Kihumulo Grace Patrick
Upload file names as Firstname Lastname_Cover Letter/Resume
For any questions regarding the position, please contact:
Jane Kayihunga, Office Manager at email@example.com