Benefactor (Bt.) David Clinic is a social enterprise located in Nyamata, Bugesera. We are a Ministry of Health – licensed clinic whose mission is to provide affordable quality health care to low and middle-income people in rural and emerging urban Rwanda. Our vision is to become a center of excellence in the African healthcare industry.
Since our start in 2012, we have been characterized by a tremendous growth in terms of a number of patient visits, services, and partnerships. One of our strength has been the ability of our team to successfully transform the challenges we met into profitable opportunities.
On the track towards our vision, we are looking for 3 exceptional young professionals to serve on the team as the Customer Care and Administrative Assistant Interns.
About the Position
At Bt David Clinic, the new team members will work with the existing team to perform the following main tasks:
Customer Care (80%)
- Answer multi-line phones and either direct the caller to the appropriate party or handle the caller’s needs yourself
- Greet patients upon arrival, sign them in and obtain insurance information and any other necessary data
- Provide patients with support and guidance as needed
- Call patients to remind them of upcoming appointments or following-up with the evolution of their situation
- Participate in clinic marketing events and suggest new marketing and development strategies
Administrative Assistant (20%)
- Provide patients with intake and new patient forms as well as copies of our office policies and legally required documents
- Process payments from patients for co-pays and uninsured visits
- Schedule appointments for new and recurring patients based on Physician and PA/NP availability
- Navigate our Electronic Health Record System (EHR) for patient use
- The Interns will report directly to the clinic Development and Customer Relations Manager
Qualifications, Qualities and Skills Set
- Associate degree
- Demonstrated interest in the healthcare industry
- Experience in customer care duty is an added value
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks based on importance
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and desktop publishing software
- Ability to win negotiations
- Ability to use social media platforms
- Self-motivated and critical thinker
- Outgoing and friendly to multiple culture group
- Eager to learn new things/skills and apply them in a real context
- Being highly proactive and paying attention to details
How to Apply
- The Interested candidates should send their electronic applications (Cover letter & Resume) [ here]. The deadline for applying on this position is 29th October 2018. No late applications will be accepted.
- Only successful applicants will be contacted for the next steps in selection.
Note: Before you apply, you should be available to work for 3 months of the service, 30-35 hours per week