|Job Description: Procurement Assistant (Short -Term 6 months)||Responsible to: Procurement Officer|
|Responsible for: Procurement function||Location: Kigali|
|Job Purpose: Assist the procurement officer clear backlog of outstanding procurements, as well as provide support on on-going procurement tasks.|
• Receive and analyse Purchase requisitions, give the feedback to the user department regarding completeness and if correction needed ensure that it is done on time before processing.
• Support the Procurement Officer in helping to finalize fit for purpose specifications • Prepare Requests for quotations and send them to different suppliers, • Follow up with the suppliers on submission of quotations and prepare Comparative bids analysis,
• Submit the CBA and supporting documents to the Procurement Officer for review • Prepare purchase orders and follow up on the authorization before sending them to suppliers.
• Follow up and correspond with vendors on delivery
• Assist the Procurement Office with tenders when required
• Ensure CBA’s, PO’s and either GRN’s or SRN’s are completed as per the Procurement Policy
• Ensure that procurement documents are filed effectively both soft and hard filing. • Assist the Procurement Officer with setting up preferred suppliers (Framework Agreements)
• Any other assistance as may be requested by the procurement officer in delivering on her/his task.
Central Admin responsibilities and other areas of responsibilities
• Fully-participate in Office and Finance planning meetings.
• Work together with other members of the Admin/Fin team to ensure systems to facilitate administration and financial work are always up to date
• Participate in VSO Rwanda’s Team activities.
|Educational Background |
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Procurement or related field
• Minimum experience of two years working with a Procurement department in a non governmental organization.
• Able to pay attention to details
• Proven teamwork and problem-solving abilities.
• Proficiency in Microsoft excel, word and outlook
• Possession of sound independent judgment
• Confident and clear oral and written communication skills
• Experience of building positive working relationships internally and externally with
ability to manage difficult situations and remain calm under pressure.
• Analytical skills
• Excellent communication Skills
• Excellent Negotiation skills
Looking for people majoring in Logistics and operations, having experience in procurement is an added value. Interested candidates apply by completing this form.
|VSO has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we are protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy|