Analyst Intern with SNHU’s H2 OpEx Team
Organization: Southern New Hampshire University
Department: Project Management/Process & Systems, H2 Operational Excellence
Position Title: Analyst Intern
Mentor: Shabbir Ghatila, Assistant Dir. Project Management
Schedule: 20-25 hrs. Per week, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM EST, (Mon.-Fri. preferred).
Internship Duration: 3 months (mid-November 2020 – mid-February 2021)
Communications Stipend: USD 100 per month
Application Deadline: Friday, October 30th, 2020
SNHU’s H2 Operational Excellence (OpEx) team works in conjunction with other university parts to help support project transitions. This role will focus on providing support to projects currently managed by the Project Management Team. Besides, this position will work closely with the Operational Excellence team members on assisting in projects designed to streamline and improve ineffectiveness across H2. This position will receive hands-on experience in managing high-level projects with tight timelines and numerous stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support on projects/products and process improvement
- Learn how to use project management tools to complete specific tasks on MS Project, and MS Teams (all functionality)
- Shadow other project managers and have the opportunity to contribute to a waterfall or agile environment
- Create weekly status reports for smaller-level projects and conduct some meetings, e.g., Daily Stand Up, DARC Log, Process, project planning, etc.
- Excellent professional communication skills
- Experience handling multiple projects on tight timelines
- Critical thinking and the ability to provide constructive feedback
- Experience with MS Project or MS Teams is an advantage
- Experience with project management
- Excellent knowledge of virtual work tools such as RingCentral
How to Apply:
Please submit your application through the linked Application Form by COB on Friday, October 30th, 2020. You will need to answer the required questions and upload your CV and Cover Letter.
If you would like feedback on your CV and Cover Letter before submitting, please send your documents via this linked Application Editing Form. Please note that the editing service will provide you with feedback within three business days, so please plan your submission timeline accordingly. Your application will be assessed against this Application Rubric.