Organization: Change the Tune
Supervisor: Charli Kemp, Founder of Change the Tune
Intern Title Communications and Social Media Intern
Internship Duration: 6 months (November 1st, 2020 – April 30th, 2021)
Hours: 15 hours per week
Stipend: USD 120 per month (plus USD 30 for Internet)
Application Deadline: Tuesday, October 20th, 2020.
Change The Tune dismantles inequitable systems by providing transformational learning experiences. We leverage an interwoven set of creative programming that serves a variety of audiences leveraging universal, culturally responsive connectors, including food and music. You can learn more about Change the Tune from here.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Communications and Social Media Intern will be responsible for building a social media campaign for six months to one year with at least three posts/engagements per week. The goal is to create a consistent storyline campaign, which drives awareness and traffic to the Change the Tune website and social media sites. The intern will need to be extremely social media savvy and bring out box ideas to bolster our current social media presence. In addition to creating the campaign, the intern will also be responsible for generating content and posts for the campaign. The intern may also assist with grant writing, as Change the Tune pursues additional funding.
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience with graphic design
- Highly creative
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Timeliness and attention to detail
How to Apply:
Apply through this Application Form by Tuesday, October 20th, 2020. You’ll need to include your:
- Resume, Cover Letter
- Any relevant links to any cool creative projects or social media accounts (optional)
- Please utilize the GEM Application Feedback Form to receive feedback on your application before you submit. Remember, it takes three business (M-F) days to receive feedback, so please plan to submit well in advance of the application deadline.
- Your application will be scored against this Application Rubric, so please develop your application accordingly.
- Only students from cohort 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018. 2019A done with AA are allowed to apply
- You are not allowed to apply if you are already doing another remote internship.