Position Title: GEM Employment Admin Intern – Employment Team
Position Supervisor: Egide Niyongira, GEM Employment Lead
Internship Duration: Three months (mid-May 2020 – mid-August 2020)
Stipend: USD 70 per month (plus USD 10 for airtime)
The GEM Employment Team is responsible for working with GEM partners to create pathways to employment for GEM graduates. As part of this mandate, the GEM employment team works to source and secure internships and employment opportunities, and create programs and curriculum that ensure students’ application and workplace readiness. GEM currently manages an internally run “HEaRT Challenge” which engages GEM students as interns in a real-world project that tackles assigned issues in the healthcare field. The GEM Employment Team is seeking an intern who will be responsible for coordinating administrative responsibilities around the HEaRT internship and providing support to the GEM Employment Lead.
Intern’s Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop data tracking tools for the HEaRT internship program
- Collect and track data about the effectiveness of Google Classroom for HEaRT workshops
- Assisting in recruiting new HEaRT interns whenever requested by GEM Employment Lead
- Collaborating with HEaRT facilitators to address the HEaRT interns’ needs
- Assisting in grading students’ works on Google Classroom Platform
- Participating in a weekly meeting with HEaRT Facilitators and GEM Employment Team
- Any other responsibility assigned by the GEM Employment Lead
How to Apply:
To apply, you must submit your resume and cover letter for feedback through tutor.com by Friday, May 8th, 2020. After receiving and applying feedback, please submit an application packet to Egide Niyongira email@example.com by Friday, May 15th, 2020.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants who do not run their application through the tutor.com service before applying will not be considered. Please find the instructions for how to access the tutor.com CV/cover letter service [here]