CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
GEM PARTNER APPRECIATION INTERN
Intern Title: GEM Partner Appreciation Intern
Supervisor: Naila Umutoni, GEM Gender Specialist
Internship Duration: 3 months (October 19th, 2020 – January 19th, 2021)
Stipend: USD 50 per month
Airtime Stipend: USD 20 per month
Hours per week: 15 hours
Application Deadline: October 9th, 2020
The Global Education Movement (GEM) is a major SNHU initiative offering university degrees to refugees around the world. Created in 2017, GEM is the first large-scale online learning initiative for refugees, partnering with in-country organizations to deliver high-quality, low-cost education tailored to meet the needs of displaced learners. Learn more here.
The GEM program is made possible through the generous funding of donors, the hard work of onsite partners, and the collaborative engagement of independent companies and individuals. At the end of every year, the GEM program likes to thank these individuals and organizations in creative ways. In the past, the GEM team has sent out festive season greeting cards, small gifts, printed pictures, and even videos of thanks. This year, the GEM team is looking for two highly motivated, creative, and enthusiastic interns to help us plan and executive the end of year partner appreciation programming. The intern will be responsible for identifying the list of individuals/companies that need to be appreciated, planning the way we will appreciate them, and executing that plan before the end of the year.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Brainstorm list of recipients for end of year appreciation
- Brainstorm ideas for way to appreciate each category of recipients
- Find and organize contact information for all appreciation recipients
- Draft thank you messages/gifts
- Coordinate students involvement in appreciation projects
- Coordinate logistics of sending appreciation gifts
- Present ideas to the GEM team for feedback
- Coordinate end of year happy hours for each GEM partner
- Track appreciation letter/gift delivery
- Conduct any follow up after letters/gifts are delivered
- Liaise with GEM partners on the various appreciation projects
- Collaborate with co-intern on all of the above
- Extremely creative and forthcoming about sharing new ideas
- Excellent oral and written professional communication skills
- Experience working with partners/donors is an advantage
- High level of English
- Self motivated and able to work independently and take initiative
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Happy to work as a co-intern, and works well on a team
- An eye for graphic design is an advantage
- AA graduate
How to Apply:
Please submit your application through the linked Application Form by COB on Friday, October 9th, 2020. You will need to answer the required questions and upload your CV and Cover Letter.
If you would like feedback on your CV and Cover Letter before submitting, please send your document via this linked Application Editing Form by COB on Thursday, October 1st 2020 so that a GEM Employment Editor may provide you with feedback. Your application will be assessed against this Application Rubric.
- Only students from cohort 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 are allowed to apply.
- You are not allowed to apply if you are already doing another remote internship.