Position Title: HEaRT Challenge Intern
Position Supervisor: Francois Duniya, HEaRT Facilitator.
Internship Duration: Two months (14th September 2020 – 16th November 2020)
Stipend: USD 20 per month
Platforms: Brightspace and Google classroom.
The HEaRT stands for Higher Education and Real-world Training, and it serves to help you build the bridge between your coursework and the real-world challenges experienced by companies in your field.
During HEaRT, the SNHU Academic and Career team partners with companies in various industries to identify critical problems they’re trying to solve. Students are assigned to a team and tasked with developing and presenting actionable solutions to the real-world problem being faced by the respective company. The HEaRT experience allows you to apply critical thinking, problem-solving, and teamwork skills while networking with company representatives and peers under the mentorship of an assigned faculty.
Intern’s Main Roles and Responsibilities:
This internship is online and uses two platforms, Bright Space and Google Classroom, for the interns to complete group deliverables and workshops respectively.
- Work in groups of other interns from different GEM sites to create an Executive summary and presentation that does the following:
- Develop and present actionable solutions to the real-world problem being faced by the respective company.
- Apply critical thinking, problem-solving, and teamwork skills, while networking with Company representatives and peers under the mentorship of an assigned faculty.
- Complete Individual reflections
Google Classroom/ HEaRT Workshops.
- Read resources provided for a weekly HEaRT workshop.
- Work on all assignments workshops.
- Attend a weekly check-in with an assigned advisor/facilitator.
- Attend a weekly individual check-in with the HEaRT Facilitator.
How to Apply: To apply, fill out this form by Friday 24rd July, 2020 at 12:00 pm. No late applications will be considered.
Note: We encourage you to contact the career team for support to improve the requested documents like resume and cover letter.