Organization: Hooksett Area Rotary Club
Intern Title: HARC Intern
Internship Duration: 4 months (August-November 2021)
Hours: 10 hours per week (and must attend a weekly meeting on Mondays from 5:30-6:30PM EST)
Stipend: USD 100 per month
Application Deadline: Friday, July 23rd 2021
Organization and Position Overview:
The Intern will support the Hooksett Area Rotary Club. The Intern can expect to have a multi-faceted role in the club, supporting the development and implementation of marketing and communications for a variety of initiatives, as well as supporting the execution of events and recruitment of new members. In addition, the intern will research global grant opportunities made available through Rotary International.
Rotary International’s Mission is, “We provide service to others, promote integrity, and advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace through our fellowship of business, professional, and community leaders.” Their Vision Statement is “Together, we see a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change — across the globe, in our communities, and in ourselves.”
The Hooksett Area Rotary Club is an active club within Rotary International. Our members consist of people from all dimensions of life who embrace diversity. We meet weekly Monday evenings for a fun mix of activities. Membership has options to provide flexibility because we strongly believe in being a diverse group of people. We are active with community service based projects locally from food drives to roadside cleans. View our FaceBook page at http://ow.ly/A3fQ30ql1nX
Intern’s Roles and Responsibilities:
- Write and copy edit compelling content to promote on social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter)
- Assist in management and organizing of events
- Cataloging multimedia assets from events
- Provide administrative support to any events and the club overall
- Assist with tracking status of marketing and communications deliverables to meet deadlines
- Assist with updating marketing channels
- Attend weekly club meeting
- Experience with marketing, communications, or another relevant field
- Experience with MS Office Suite (particularly PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to learn unfamiliar software & technology platforms
- Proven experience with research and data-analysis
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Professional and positive attitude
- Experience with Canva
- Experience with Zoom/Zoom Webinar and other similar virtual meeting platforms
- Experience with providing excellent customer service
- Strong sense of self-initiative
Please submit your application through the linked Application Form by Friday, July 23rd 2021. You will need to answer the required questions and upload your resume and cover letter.
Your application will be assessed by the Gem Employment Team against this Resume Rubric and this Cover Letter Rubric. Applicants scoring 18+ on both documents are considered highly competitive. All applications will be sent to employers, with the highest scoring applicants being highlighted to employers as recommended candidates. The employer will then decide who to interview and select for the position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you would like feedback on your resume and cover letter before submitting, please send your documents via this linked Application Editing Form so that a GEM Employment Editor may provide you with feedback. Editors will provide feedback within three working days, so please plan your submission accordingly.