Office: Learning Design Team
Intern Title: Content Specialist Intern
Supervisor: Alisa Tafoya (Learning Designer at LRNG)
Internship Duration: 3 months (August 17 2020 – November 17 2020)
Stipend: USD 120 (plus USD 30 for airtime) per month
Application Due Date: August 3rd 2020
LRNG’s vision is to create a world in which anyone – regardless of background – has the opportunity to thrive. LRNG’s innovative platform immerses youth in connected communities of practice. Through rich online playlists and curated content, youth earn digital badges that unlock opportunities like micro-scholarships, internships and more.
In 2018, Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU) and LRNG, merged to build one of the largest and most innovative learning and workforce solutions for cities and employers across the U.S. As the community impact arm of SNHU, LRNG works with local government, employers, the public library systems, community colleges, and other local partners to open the door to new opportunities for residents and help close workforce gaps.
Intern’s Roles and Responsibilities:
The Content Specialist Intern will be responsible for…
- Assessing and providing feedback on new and existing LRNG playlists (courses)
- Helping to design digital badges
- Editing and proofreading documents and learning content
- Going through folders of photos and selecting stock photos and images to be used by content creators
- Auditing assigned content
- Special projects as assigned by supervisor
-Excellent computer skills
-Experience in editing and proofreading, excellent English grammar/punctuation skills
-Extreme attention to detail
-Ability to work independently
-Collaborative and good teamwork skills
-Innovative and a self-starter
-Excellent written and oral professional communication skills, ability to provide constructive criticism and feedback
-Experience developing or editing curriculum is an advantage
Applications are due by Monday, August 3rd 2020.
Please submit your application through this Google Form.
Your application must include:
- Cover Letter
- 1 page writing sample (instructions below)
- Please write a one page document (Times New Roman – 12 Point Font – single spaced) on any subject of your choice. The sample should demonstrate your high level of English writing skills.
- Sample edited document (instructions below)
- Please download this document, then edit the document using Track Changes. Please upload the edited document with the tracked changes so that the review panel may see your editing skills.
If you would like feedback on your CV and cover letter before submitting, please send your documents to GEM Employment Editor, Regeza Kamunga (email@example.com), by Sunday, July 26th 2020. Please note that students who utilize our feedback services usually score 30% higher on the application rubric than those who do not.
Note the following before you apply;
2019a and 2019b students are not allowed to apply since you have just started working on your AA .
You must have completed the Job readiness module/training since we need to keep a high level of professionalism with our employers/ Partners.
People interested in getting feedback from the Kepler career team on your resume or cover letter before submitting to Regeza Kamunga. Please fill out this form by 25-Jul-2020.
Wish you good luck!