Position Title: Participatory Action Research (PAR) Manager
Internship Organization: City University of New York (CUNY)
Supervisor: Professor Juan Battle
Stipend: $150 per month ($100 stipend + $50 airtime)
Hours: 20 hours/week
Duration: 3.5 months (January 1, 2021 – April 11, 2021)
Application Deadline: Tuesday, December 1st, 2020
During the second iteration of the Participatory Action Research (PAR) Internship, Professor Juan Battle seeks to employ a team of PAR Managers to help assist the PAR Supervisors and oversee the interns during their three-month internship. Each PAR Manager will be assigned to and report to a specific PAR Supervisor and intern group. The PAR Manager will be responsible for assisting the PAR Supervisor in coordinating team calls, following up with struggling students, reviewing students’ work, and providing other basic assistance as needed. The PAR Manager will be responsible for attending check-in meetings with the PAR Supervisor and all weekly team calls. As an adjustment from the internship’s last iteration, this internship experience will include a 1-month professional skills training hosted by the GEM Employment Team. During this month, the PAR Managers will assist the GEM Employment Team in running professional development workshops with the interns and ensuring they can complete the internship successfully.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Successful completion of the PAR Internship
- Excellent command of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Passion for research
- Interest in and previous experience teaching and tutoring
- Exceptionally well organized and punctual
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Previous experience in managing a team is desired
- Extreme professionalism and ability to serve as a role model to the PAR Interns
How to Apply:
- Please submit your application through the linked Application Google Form by Tuesday, December 1st, 2020. You will need to answer the required questions and upload your CV and Cover Letter.
- To increase your chances to be considered for this internship, we encourage interested applicants to seek feedback on your resume and Cover Letter before submitting; please send your documents via this linked GEM Application Editing Service. Please note that it takes three business days (Mon-Friday) to receive feedback, so please submit early. Your application will be assessed against this Application Rubric.
- Only Apply if you have worked in the past as PAR Intern.