Intern Title: Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) Intern
Organization and Office: SNHU’s Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI)
Supervisor Name and Title: Jasmine Liu, Administrative Manager
Hours: 15 hours/week
Internship Duration: 6 months (December 15th, 2020 – June 14th, 2021)
Internship Location: Virtual
Stipend: USD 150/month stipend + USD 50/month airtime
Application Deadline: Wednesday, December 2nd, 2020
Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU) is a nonprofit, regionally accredited university with an 80-year history of providing high-quality education to students online and on campus.
SNHU’s Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) models and creates a welcoming and fair community. Their goal is for everyone — learners, faculty, and staff— to feel empowered and equally valued. To fulfill their mission, they use data, design, and daily habits to disrupt inequitable systems where they find them at SNHU and work to create access to a future of opportunity, especially for those who face barriers to higher education.
Intern’s Roles and Responsibilities:
- Reorganize reference library.
- Clean/archive files.
- Research / fact-finding.
- Website maintenance/refresh.
- Other operation tasks like agendas, etc.
- Helping us align with other DEI efforts around the university.
- Active listening, direct communication, ability to receive and give feedback, efficiency, adaptability, flexibility, quick learner, some admin experience.
- Empathy, cultural awareness, tact, discretion.
How to Apply:
- Apply through this Application Form by Wednesday, December 2nd, 2020.
- Please utilize the GEM Application Feedback Form to receive feedback on your application before you submit. Remember it takes 3 business (M-F) days to receive feedback, so please plan to submit well in advance of the application deadline. Your application will be scored against this Application Rubric so please develop your application accordingly.