Kepler is looking for a detail-oriented student to serve as an Assistant to the Director of Careers and Alumni Affairs Career Peer (DCAA_CP). This work-study requires 10 – 15 hours per week and will last for three months with a possibility of extension. The assistant’s primary role will be to assist with career events, tracking employment opportunities, collecting data when needed, implementing specific initiatives, etc. The Career Peer will have the following responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect available job opportunities every week and share them with careers staff.
- Assist with student employment data collection, tracking, and management for ease of interpretation and decision-making.
- Assist in coordinating Careers events hosted on campus, outside the campus, or remotely (if necessary).
- Assist with different initiatives beneficial to students’ career preparation as deemed necessary by the Director of Careers and Alumni Affairs.
- Be ready to perform any other task as determined by the Director of Careers and Alumni Affairs.
Qualification and Qualities
- Have started to work on BA with at least 60 competencies and in good academic standing (must be maintained throughout the job)
- Familiar with the support structures and policies in the Careers department
- Creative and critical thinker
- Organized, Extreme attention to detail, and good at the time and task management.
- Proficient with using Google Products(creating and uploading files and folders, sharing files folders, google forms, etc.)
- Excellent in using and manipulating Excel and Google spreadsheets to record and perform calculations
- Honest and trustworthy, able to manage confidential data
- Excellent professional communication skills
- Experience with graphic design is an added advantage.
- To apply, please upload your cover letter and your most updated resume on this form . The deadline for this application is June 09th, 2021
- Address your cover letter to Mable Mirembe (Upload file names as First Name Lastname_Cover Letter/Resume)