Wibena Impact is a non-political, non-profit, and women-youth led organization founded in 2018. The main focus is on societal empowerment and digital transformation promoting social progress and better standards of life for sustainable livelihood. This is done through socio-economic growth by the provision of basic quality education for sustainable development, capacity building and empowerment programs, research, and development for the most vulnerable groups.
The organization works on six main key focus areas; basic quality education for sustainable development; Research development; women and youth empowerment; leadership development Skills; WASH Program; environment and climate change. Please visit us at https://www.wibenaimpact.org
Reporting to: Country Director, Media & PR Regional Director Directly
Wibena Impact (WI) is seeking to recruit a Rwandan National for the position of Communications intern. The Intern is responsible for providing administrative support to the team and will bring fresh ideas to the table when it comes to engaging our audiences through a variety of channels.
- Writing and editing of WI communication, including but not limited to, media press releases
- Support the development of WI’s Communications Strategy
- Create and meticulously maintain WI social media accounts with content and ensure that all the content; information, photos, etc. are up-to-date and relevant.
- Organize and maintain the WI website ensuring the WI branding requirements are adhered to.
- Be the link between WI and the Head office Communications team
- Be the point of contact with the press
- Act as a liaison across all departments to ensure that the right communication information is accurately put across the appropriate channels.
- Ability to work with graphic designers in developing WI branding material.
- Support WI’s communication efforts of branding/marketing events
- Perform other administrative duties as we may need you to
- Pursuing or recently completed a Degree in Communications or Journalism
- Good writing and presentation skills in English, working knowledge of Kinyarwanda & French would be of advantage.
- Ability to work smart by managing multiple priorities with deadlines in a constantly changing environment
- Be quick to respond to requests for service
- Inherently demonstrate a high level of integrity and be trustworthy
- Be more than approachable with your superior interpersonal skills
- Innately demonstrate superior written and verbal communication skills
- Be willing to travel outside Kigali as required.
Interested Candidates fill out this form. Please, note the following Kepler requirements
- You must have undergone through Job readiness training
- Recent graduate or you are in your final year
- BACom students or graduates are the center of our interest