About the Position
Kepler is looking for two Computer Safety Managers, who will be mainly assisting with the safety of students laptops and Kepler tech devices. who will assist with Kiziba Operations Assistant to generally support Kiziba Operations Fellow.
Users of laptops are required to be governed by the rules given by the person who is in charge of managing the safety of students’ laptops (Computer Safety Manager). The CSM should be in charge of:
- Keeping safety and the security of computers stored at the end of the day:
- Distribute laptops to only the Kepler students.
- Have a worksheet shared with the Technology Manager to report the received laptops for every day. Here, the CSM is required to report the safety of each and every laptop received. For any laptop problem, he has to ask the student how it started, and then communicate that problem to the Tech Manager.
- Make sure that every student’s laptop is kept in its own reserved and safe space for better and quick distribution.
- Lock the closet after receiving all the respective number of computers and chargers.
- Keep the laptops in a wide space. That being said, laptops should be placed in a safe space, and not closed with hard things in order to maintain the safety of laptop screen, and motherboard. Again, don’t place two laptops above one laptop.
- Assign each student with his or her own small space for computing resources (Laptops and chargers). Each laptop should be kept with its charger.
- Check if all laptop are well name tagged
- Opening and Closing the campus on time
- Working on Laptop Monthly report and send it to the Kiziba Operations Fellow on time
- Overseeing if students are following all rules and regulations regarding the use of computing resources effectively
- Performing other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- High level of Microsoft excel and Google sheet skills
- Fluency in english speaking and writing
- Problem solving skills
- Time management Skills
- Excellent time management
- Computing and tech skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
We are looking for candidates who can commit to occupying the position for 6 months. Therefore, if you accept this work-study position, you will not be able to leave for an internship or other employment during your work-study without being in breach of your contract. Please think about your year-long plan before applying. Reach out to your advisor or another CF if you’d like some help with this.
How to Apply
To Apply: Complete this form no later than May 28th, 2021. If you have questions about the qualifications or job description, please do not hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.