Company: SNHU’s Global Education Movement (GEM)
Supervisor: Chrystina Russell, Senior Vice President and Executive Director of GEM
Intern Title: GEM Communications for Strategic Partnerships Intern
Duration: 3 months (mid-June 2020 – mid-September 2020)
Hours: 10-15 hours per week
Stipend: USD 60 per month plus USD 20 for airtime
Overview: The GEM team is seeking a Communications for Strategic Partnerships Intern to assist with relationship building and representation of GEM at various panels, meetings, round-tables, and forums. The intern will be responsible for attending various virtual events and representing the GEM program and GEM student voices at these meetings. The Intern will also be responsible for taking notes/feedback to provide relevant updates/calls to action for the rest of the GEM team. In addition to attending assigned events/meetings, the intern will be responsible for researching and identifying relevant opportunities to attend. The intern will also be responsible for providing follow-up documentation requested by various organizations after attending meetings. The hope is that the intern’s active participation and attendance at these events will bring to the table refugee-voices and student perspectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with the supervisor about which events to attend, research and suggest potential events that were not already on the supervisor’s radar
- Research background information in preparation for attendance
- Take notes during events/meetings and relay information back to the GEM team
- Represent GEM and GEM student voices in a professional and strategic manner during the events/meetings
- Track calendar and ensure that GEM is represented at all relevant events
- Provide documents and information about GEM as requested by different organizations and consortiums
- Extreme professionalism
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience and comfort speaking to diverse and large audiences
- Self-motivated and eager to expand assigned projects
- Passion and belief in the GEM mission and interest in advocacy is an advantage Experience with public speaking or representation roles is an advantage
- Ability to type 50 a minimum of words per minute
- To apply, please submit a draft resume and cover letter for feedback to Mable Mirembe by completing a resume & cover letter this form linked on [this page] by May 15 – 20th, 2020.
- After receiving and applying feedback, please submit your final resume and cover letter [here] for our final review before June 01st, 2020, and recommendation.
NOTE: Only applications that have gone through the feedback process will be considered.