CALL FOR APPLICATION FOR COHORT 11
Organization: SNHU’s Global Education Movement (GEM)
Program: Higher Education and Real-world Training
Intern Position: Student Consultant
Supervisor: Egide Niyongira, GEM Internal Internships Coordinator
Duration: 3 months (June 28 – September 28 ,2021)
Hours: 6 to 9 hours per week
Platforms: Google Classroom and Brightspace
Stipend for interns: USD 40 per month (USD 30 stipend and USD 10 for communication)
Application Deadline: June 15, 2021
Program Background Information
Higher Education and Real-World Training (HEaRT) is a program designed by SNHU to help the students link their coursework and real-world challenges of different companies.
HEaRT helps SNHU Academic and career team partners with companies in healthcare industries to identify critical problems to solve. In this program, the interns are assigned to two different platforms including Brightspace and Google Classroom where they work in small teams composed of SNHU-GEM and Global Campus students to propose the solution for the assigned challenge. This program enables the students to apply critical thinking, problem solving, and teamwork skills and take the advantage to expand their network with company representatives, mentors, HEaRT facilitators, and other SNHU community members around the world.
Higher Education and Real-world Training (HEaRT) is an experiential learning challenge that allows students to build critical skills, connecting theory to practice. The HEaRT challenge includes real time feedback from industry experts and collaboration with peers in an online learning community. Teams develop an actionable solution along with rationale to an employer-posed problem and present their findings in an executive summary and PowerPoint presentation. The assessment for this challenge includes an evaluation of professionalism, teamwork, participation, and completion of the assigned tasks such as submitting all deliverables.
Roles and Responsibilities
This internship is online, and the interns will use two platforms which are Bright Space and Google Classroom to complete group deliverables and workshops, respectively.
- Work in groups of other interns from different GEM sites and Global Campus to complete team executive summary and presentation that does the following:
- Develop and present actionable solutions to the real-world problem being faced by the respective company as assigned.
- Apply critical thinking, problem-solving, and teamwork skills, while networking with Company representatives and peers under the mentorship of an assigned faculty.
- Complete individual reflections
Google Classroom/ HEaRT Workshops:
- Read resources provided for a weekly HEaRT workshop.
- Work on all assignments provided.
- Attend a weekly check-in as scheduled by the assigned advisor
- Attend all weekly workshops scheduled by the HEaRT Coordinator.
- The candidates must be eligible for the internships according to their site internship policies.
- Have a demonstrated ability to interact successfully with individuals of different cultural backgrounds.
- Must have 90 competencies or above on Associate of Arts or working on BA
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good time and task management skills.
- Problem Solver and ability to work independently
- Ability to collaborate with team members of different qualities.
- Have not participated in previous HEaRT challenges
How to Apply
- Please submit your application through this application form: https://forms.gle/4PWiHgoKwgv8jUmz7 by June 15, 2021.
- You will need to answer the required questions and upload your CV.
If you have any questions, contact Egide Niyongira, the GEM Internal Internships Coordinator gva_e.niyongira@SNHU.edu.