Dates: September 2018
Location: Mumena Cell, Nyamirambo Sector, Nyarugenge District, Kigali City
Hours Per Week: 40 hours per week
Compensation: RWF 150,000/ Month (Net pay)
Mission: Hope Shines, an international non-profit organization based in Colorado, USA has a mission to enhance and improve the lives of orphans and vulnerable children through educational and health driven programs. We utilize our people assets to create an avenue of growth for marginalized youth with an ultimate goal of organically lifting them from poverty. Hope Shines has a social enterprise arm whose goal is to develop income generating projects that will help to support the Hope Shines programs as well as create opportunities to alleviate poverty in the community at large.
Position Description: The Kiza Bathing Soap Project Manager (Project Manager) will work under the direction of the Hope Shines Country Director and will require at least 40 hours per week. This role will provide significant experience in the day-to-day operations of a fast growing start up social enterprise. The incumbent will be exposed to challenging yet rewarding work that will enable the project to realize the set objectives as well as setting up the incumbent for success in their career path.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will be responsible for maintaining established hotel relationships with the current hotel partners as well as researching and establishing new partnerships with eligible hotels
- The incumbent will be responsible for planning and organizing soap collection activities as well as procuring service providers related to the activity e.g. creating budgets and schedules for collection, identifying and training individuals in charge of collection, identifying and training individuals in charge of transportation, coordination of the collection activity etc.
- The incumbent will be in charge of monitoring and recording data and information regarding collection activities.
- In coordination with the Country Director, the incumbent will oversee production staff, record keeping regarding production, managing stock/inventory and the production process in general.
- The incumbent will be required to identify, train, and monitor staff involved in soap distribution activities i.e. identifying partners, developing distribution schedules/channels and budgets, record keeping relating to distribution of soap – Identify partners for carrying out WASH sensitization programs, hygiene and sanitation workshops etc. (Hygiene Promotion).
- Play a support role in other business development activities involved with the Kiza Bathing Soap project.
- Carry out research, marketing, basic accounting and staff supervisory efforts as needed to ensure the success of the project.
- Proactively engage colleagues and administration in positive debates to come up with innovative practices of ensuring growth of the Kiza Bathing Soap project.
- Any other assigned Kiza Bathing Soap related activity requested by the Hope Shines Country Director, executive director and/or any higher authority with the aim of furthering the development of the project.
- New Customer Acquisition/Management – The incumbent will be required to research new potential customers, present the project to them, and ultimately bring them in as a new customer of Kiza Bathing Soap. Additionally, they will manage these accounts in an ongoing basis.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Evident interest in social enterprise work and socially impactful startups.
- Flexible and prepared to be engaged in ALL aspects of the project.
- Self-starting, self-motivated personality with the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Be able to professionally communicate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal forms to all stakeholders of the project.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic work environment
- Knowledge of financial concepts relevant to budgeting, accounting and record keeping
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment and be able to adapt to new challenges.
- A passion for purpose driven careers and a commitment to excellence
This position requires a high level of self-motivation, business orientation, openness to learning, multi-tasking abilities, a competitive spirit, flexibility, passion for helping and being a voice for the groups for whom we work. Hope Shines has an “all hands on deck” approach so a “can do” attitude is preferred and encouraged.
How to Apply: To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter [here]. The deadline for applying is Thursday september 6th 2018 at 5:00pm.
Note:Only students who are about to graduate are recommended to apply.