Kepler Kiziba is looking for 2 Senior Learning Coaches who will work to support Kepler Kiziba students’ academic, professional, and personal growth. Senior Learning Coaches (SLCs) may be assigned to support a Kepler Course Facilitator with a specific class, facilitate student work or study groups independently, and/or provide one-to-one student coaching to students in Phase II and/or Phase 3.
- Duties may include:
- Supervise and support students in AA Advisory and AA Onboarding classes.
- Provide general learning support for students before and after assigned classes.
- Track and record attendance for assigned sessions before and after class.
- Collaborate with CSMs to problem solve and implement solutions around classrooms, technology, and electricity issues.
- Provide individualized support and advice in the form of one-to-one coaching sessions about key topics such as time and stress management.
- Manage and organize classroom teaching materials; including putting materials away, checking on available supplies, and tracking ordering needs.
- Manage and organize classroom furniture, ensuring learning spaces are prepared in advance of classes.
- Facilitate communications within the Kepler Kiziba community (Parents, Safety Walkers, Students, Teachers, Community Members).
- Support Kepler staff with educating people about and promoting the Kiziba campus; including greeting visitors and serving as a Kepler ambassador.
- Participate in Professional Development sessions with Kiziba Course Facilitators.
- Prepare for and facilitate small group support sessions within larger class structure.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of student performance as assigned.
- Other duties and tasks by the supervisor.
2. Qualifications & Eligibility
- Ability to commit to this position from March 2020 through June 2020.
- Strong academic performance (not on a KASP or Probation).
- Strong technology and writing skills.
- Be a Kepler Kiziba Student in Phase 5 with +100 competencies and +12 modules.
- Recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Can type 50 WPM.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain monthly CfA progress of 8 per month for BA.
- Interest in the field of education and a desire to learn pedagogical strategies.
- Consistent demonstration of Kepler Traits and Kepler Core Values.
- Shouldn’t have other paid employment (unless willing to leave if hired for this position).
- Must have interest in helping others to learn and develop independent study strategies.
- An incentive of Rwf 54,000 (gross pay) per month.
- Participating in weekly professional development meetings.
If you accept this work-study position, you will not be able to leave for an internship or other employment during your work-study without being in breach of your contract.
To Apply: Complete this form by EOD Monday, 16th March. Please think about your four-month plan before applying. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com if you’d like some help with this.