Internship Description: Kigali Career Peer
Kepler is looking for a detail-oriented student/ fresh graduate to serve as a Career Peer. This work-study requires 20 – 30 hours per week and will last for three months with a possibility of extension. The Career Peer’s primary role will be to assist with organizing and coordinating career events (Career Day-Speaker series) support the careers staff teaching the Job Readiness Training Module, implementing specific initiatives, etc. The Career Peer will have the following responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect available job opportunities every week and share them with careers staff.
- Assist in designing promotional materials.
- Assist a careers staff in teaching the Job Readiness Training Module (Track attendance, review preclass, liaison between careers staff with the students taking the module )
- Assist in coordinating Careers events hosted on campus, outside the campus, or remotely (if necessary).
- Assist with different initiatives beneficial to students’ career preparation as deemed necessary by the careers staff.
- Be ready to perform any other task as determined by a careers staff.
Qualification and Qualities
- Have started to work on BA with at least 60 competencies and in good academic standing (must be maintained throughout the job)
- Familiar with the support structures and policies in the Careers department
- Creative, and critical thinker
- Basic graphic design ( using canvas, photoshop, or picture editing software)
- Organized, Extreme attention to detail, and good at the time and task management.
- Proficient with using Google Products(creating and uploading files and folders, sharing files folders, google forms, etc.)
- Excellent in using and manipulating Excel and Google spreadsheets to record and perform calculations
- Honest and trustworthy, able to manage confidential data
- Excellent professional communication skills
- To apply, please upload your cover letter and your most updated resume on this form. The deadline for this application is the 13th of June, 2021
- Address your cover letter to Frank Furaha (Upload file names as First Name Lastname_Cover Letter/Resume)