Internship Description: Kiziba Career Peer
Kepler is looking for a detail-oriented student / fresh graduate to serve as a Kiziba Career Peer. This internship will require 25-30 hours per week and will last for three months with a possibility of extension. The Kiziba Career Peer’s primary role will be to become a bridge between Kepler students/graduates and the careers team by tracking employment status, students who are ready for internships, collecting data when needed, implementing specific initiatives, etc. The Kiziba Career Peer will have the following responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with student/Graduates employment data collection, tracking, and management for ease of interpretation and decision-making.
- Track Kiziba students and graduate who accessed the career services
- Track student/Graduates who need career services
- keep attendance records where necessary
- Work collaboratively with both the Kiziba academic team and the careers team in information sharing.
- Assist in Coordinating Careers PD hosted virtually, or on-campus when necessary.
- Assist with different initiatives beneficial to students/graduates’ career prewsweeeparation as deemed necessary by the careers team.
- Be ready to perform any other task as determined by the Director of Careers and Alumni Affairs.
Qualification and Qualities
- Have started to work on BA with at least 90 competencies and in good academic standing (must be maintained throughout the job)
- Familiar with the support structures and policies in the Careers department
- Creative and critical thinker
- Strong knowledge of kiziba students/graduates
- Organized, Extreme attention to detail, and good at the time and task management.
- Proficient with using Google Products(creating and uploading files and folders, sharing files folders, google forms, etc.)
- Excellent in using and manipulating Excel and Google spreadsheets to record and perform calculations
- Honest and trustworthy, able to manage confidential data
- Excellent professional communication skills
- Experience with graphic design is an added advantage.
- To apply, please upload your cover letter and your most updated resume on this form. The deadline 13th June 2021
- Address your cover letter to Frank Furaha (Upload file names as First Name Lastname_Cover Letter/Resume)