Kepler Kiziba is looking for 2 Learning Coaches who will work to support Kepler Kiziba students’ academic, professional, and personal growth. Learning Coaches (LCs) may be assigned to support a Kepler Course Facilitator with a specific class, facilitate student work or study groups independently, and/or provide one-to-one advising to students in Phase III.
Duties may include:
- Supervise and support Associates of Arts Advisory Group sessions
- Provide general learning support for students before and after assigned classes
- Track and record attendance for assigned sessions before and after class
- Collaborate with CSMs to problem solve and implement solutions around logistics issues such as, computer, electricity, internet, etc.
- Provide individualized support and advice in the form of one-to-one coaching sessions about key topics such as time and stress management, how to be productive while working remotely, etc.
- Manage and organize classroom teaching materials; including putting materials away, checking on available supplies, and tracking ordering needs
- Manage and organize classroom logistics, ensuring learning spaces and technologies are prepared in advance of classes
- Facilitate communications within the Kepler Kiziba community (Parents, Safety Walkers, Students, Teachers, Community Members)
- Support Kepler staff with educating people about and promoting the Kiziba campus; including greeting visitors and serving as a Kepler ambassador
- Participate in Professional Development sessions with Kiziba Course Facilitators
- Prepare for and facilitate small group support sessions within larger class structure
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of student performance as assigned
- Other duties and tasks by supervisor
Qualifications & Eligility:
- Ability to commit to position from September 2020 through December, 2020
- Strong academic performance (not on a KASP or Probation)
- Be a Kepler Kiziba Student in Phases 5 or has graduated from CfA
- Can type 50 WPM
- Demonstrated ability to maintain monthly CfA progress of at least 4 competencies per month for BA
- Has at least 10 approved modules
- Interest in the field of education and a desire to learn pedagogical strategies
- Consistent demonstration of Kepler Traits
- Shouldn’t have other paid employment (unless willing to leave if hired for this position)
- Must have interest in helping others to learn and develop independent study strategies
If you accept a work-study position, you will not be able to leave for an internship or other employment during your work-study without being in breach of your contract. Please think about your 3 month plan before applying. Reach out to your advisor or another CF if you’d like some help with this.
To Apply: Complete this form by Friday, 14th August, 2020. If you have questions about the qualifications or job description, please do not hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com .