Kepler is looking for Learning Assistants (formerly known as Teaching Assistants) to serve for the Academic Year 2019-2020 in Kigali. A learning assistant will be responsible for facilitating the remediation courses of refugee students from 23rd September 2019 to 23rd March 2020 in any of the following contents:
- Communications, and
The benefits associated with this role are free tuition for the year served as a LA plus airtime allowance of 5000 Rwf per month. Please note that airtime allowance depends on the budget.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare for and facilitate whole and small group classes with provided curriculum.
- Supervise and support students’ independent English and/or Math skill-based practice
- Provide independent learning support for students before or after assigned classes
- Track and record attendance for assigned sessions
- Collaborate with other TAs, program coordinator, and partner staff to problem solve and implement solutions around classrooms, technology, and student issues
- Manage and organize classroom teaching materials; including properly storing/moving materials and checking on/communicating around available supplies.
- Ensure the security of Learning tools available in class.
- Manage and organize classroom furniture, ensuring learning spaces are prepared in advance of classes
- Support with educating people about and promoting the Kepler brand; including greeting visitors and serving as a Kepler ambassador
- Participate in trainings
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of student performance as assigned
- Other duties and tasks assigned by your supervisor
Qualifications & Eligibility
- Strong academic performance
- Strong passion for education
- Be a student from cohort 2017 or 2018.
- Ability to work 25 hours/week and successfully manage LA responsibilities and academic requirements as a student
- Commitment to completing LA responsibilities and supporting refugee students in a period of 6 months.
- Strong typing skills (50 WPM or above)
- Functional knowledge and/or personal experience with technology: Microsoft Suite, Google Drive, and Google Chrome
- Outstanding moral and interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Creative/critical thinker and effective and tech-savvy manager
- Ability to meet deadlines
To apply: Fill the application form by September 17, 2019, and interviews take place on 19th September 2019.
For any questions regarding the position, please contact: