Are you ready to launch your career in development with a paid internship or fellowship in one of several departments?
One Acre Fund is looking to place a cohort of paid interns and fellows in several departments in 2019. For twelve to twenty-four weeks (January to April/ May to July), interns and fellows will work on impactful projects, receive mentorship from organizational leaders and provide support to One Acre Fund’s operations. Interns and fellows will be given substantial work assignments and asked to produce high quality deliverables. Opportunities may be available in the following departments:
- Business Development & Communications – tells the story of One Acre Fund’s smallholder clients to donors, supporters and the world.
- Finance, Audit – supports our operation with financial advice, reporting. Reduce waste and inefficiency by improving processes
- Field Operations – serves farmers directly with training, input delivery and loan servicing
- Government Relations and Policy – builds and maintain relationships with government and other stakeholders. Help shape rural development policy.
- Procurement, Supply Chain and Logistics – sources and delivers the quality inputs and supplies our farmers need each season
- Product Innovations, Monitoring and Evaluations, Ag Research – conducts research that measures the impact of our core program and finds the next innovative solution for our farmers
- People Operations – supports the rapidly growing One Acre Fund family of leaders, finds the next generation of talent.
- Systems – Manages the data and business processes that help us reach farmers efficiently.
- Tech – build the software and tools that help us serve more farmers
Interns and Fellows are valued members of the One Acre Fund family and we are looking for the best of the best – less than 1% of applicants will be placed. We ask all staff to take a “Farmers First” attitude and approach their work with humility. Specific projects may change with the needs of the organization.
This program is designed to provide meaningful work opportunities for East and Southern Africa’s brightest young professionals. You are eligible to apply for this opportunity if you meet the below criteria:
- You are a university graduate.
- You can speak and read English fluently.
- You hold citizenship or work authorization in Rwanda.
We are looking for truly extraordinary candidates for several competitive positions. No prior experience is required and candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Citizenship in Rwanda – you will be asked to submit a copy of your passport biodata page or your national ID card
- Exceptional recent college graduate or young professional
- Strong work experiences. Examples include part-time or full-time jobs, internships, fellowships or research positions while at school
- Leadership experience at work, school clubs, volunteer organizations etc.
- Top-performing undergraduate background (include GPA/Marks on your application)
- Strong interest in One Acre Fund’s work serving smallholder farmers
- Strong desire for personal and professional growth
- Flexibility and a willingness to take on varied tasks
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team
- Fluent in English and relevant African languages (e.g. Kinyarwanda, Kiswahili, Bemba, Chichewa, etc.)
START DATE: January 14,2019
DURATION: January – April 2019, extensions available at your manager’s discretion
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills- even at the intern and fellow level. Your manager will invest time in your professional development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and a final performance review upon completion of the internship period. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to help develop the skills that would put you on your desired career track.
This is a paid program. Interns/Fellows will be provided with a reasonable stipend for the duration of their contract. Those based at rural sites will be provided assistance in locating suitable housing. Internships are a recruiting initiative. Historically, about 40% of interns/fellows are hired on to full-time roles.
ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Recognized as one of the top 20 non-profits in the world, One Acre Fund has been serving farmers in Africa since 2006. Founded in Kenya, we now serve more than 500,000 farm families across 8 countries in East and Southern Africa. One Acre Fund provides asset-based loans, training, delivery and marketing services to smallholder farmers. We put farmers first in everything we do.
TO APPLY: Follow this [link] to apply.
Note: All students who have above 40 competencies in BA to apply since it will start in January if selected.