For its third edition, Hamwe Festival organizes a short story contest in collaboration with Kigali Public Library (KPL). We will be seeking short stories written in English or in French, about life in the era of COVID-19. Writers from 18 to 30 years old from all countries are invited to participate.
- All entries must be submitted no later than September 12th, 2021 at 11:59 pm CAT. Submissions after the deadline will not be considered.
- Entries will be submitted digitally at this link
- Please submit your entry as a word document and name your submission “your full name- Hamwe Festival 2021 short stories contest”
- Stories should not exceed 2000 words and will be judged by writers and academics
Winners and prizes will be announced during the Hamwe Festival in November, with an event dedicated to this purpose.
Seven (7) winners will be selected from each language category (both English and French). Winners will receive the following tax-inclusive cash prizes:
- First place: $1000
- Second place: $700
- Third place: $450
- The 4 following selected stories will receive a price of $200 each
Participate in this short story contest by submitting your work here
Deadline for submission: September 12th, 2021