Southern New Hampshire University is currently seeking a Student Worker as a GEM Communications Intern for the Office of Institutional Advancement.
We are seeking creative, motivated, and responsible students who have excellent writing skills and an interest in storytelling to blog about the SNHU student experience, with the goals of: (1) sharing the experience with donors, supporters, SNHU staff, and other interested parties; (2) strengthening competencies in communications and social media; and (3) showcasing the professional competencies and employability of GEM students.
The GEM Communications Intern will work closely with the Advancement Communications Specialist to write, edit, and post blogs. By working in Institutional Advancement, you will build your resume through hands-on projects and pre-professional opportunities with a close-knit team, and you will benefit from connections within the SNHU network.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Write one blog post every two weeks for an audience of donors, staff, and the general public
- Interview peers, instructors, staff, employer partners, and others to gain additional perspectives
- Collaborate with IA staff to edit and publish blog posts
- Assist with content building and website design for gem.snhu.edu
- Other duties as assigned
- Enrollment in one of SNHU’s Global Education Movement programs
- Must have very strong writing skills and be able to tell a story
- Be able to effectively collaborate with individuals or a team for creative projects
- Have tremendous written and spoken communication skills
- Be organized and reliable, with meticulous attention to detail
- Be hardworking and results-oriented
- Be creative, flexible, and willing to solve problems
- Have ability to identify and address issues related to assigned tasks
- Have willingness to seek out additional tasks and ask questions as needed
- Work in a virtual environment with a global team
- Build a professional portfolio of creative work
- Work in a professional environment
- Manage time effectively
- Adhere to deadlines
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Google Docs
- Compensation: The selected person will be offered $40 per month.
- To Apply: Please follow the directions in this here