Kepler is looking for a work-study student to serve as a Sound System Technician for a period of 6 months, with possible extension of the contract. The sound system technician will work very closely with the Kepler staff and students to help during the set up and testing of the sound equipment during Kepler events to ensure the best acoustic result.
The Sound System Technician will be in charge of the following:
- Set up and install sound equipment before events
- Manipulate sound mixing equipment to ensure that all sound levels are in balance and sound quality is excellent.
- Play backing tracks and special effects during live events.
- Clean, maintain equipment and report to the IT specialist when major equipment repairs are needed
- Make sure the sound equipment is returned in the tech office after event completion.
- Diagnose and resolve any technical issues when they arise
Qualifications, Eligibility & Skills
- Knowledge of how to set up and maintain the soundboard (Mixer and cube sound system) and other audio equipment is mandatory
- Strong organizational skills due to the tools, wiring, cables, and parts that need to be methodically sorted and installed
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Be in good academic standing
- Be a student from Cohort 2018 and 2019A
- Creativity and attention to detail
- Problem-solving abilities
- Excellent hearing and manual dexterity
- Flexible hours for availability (including evenings and weekends) when there are Kepler events.
- Good at time management
Submit your cover letter and CV into the following folder
NB: Address your cover letter to Jean De Dieu Twagirumukiza (Upload file names as the first name. lastname.Cover )
For any questions regarding the position, please contact:
Jane Kayihunga, HR Assistant & Admin Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline of Application: October 14, 2019