Kepler is looking for 1 student to serve as Tech Assistant with an average of 10 working hours per week. Tech Assistants will be responsible for assisting the IT Assistant with general campus technology maintenance, as assigned.
- Duties will include:
- Install new operating systems for all student computers with crashed operating systems
- Assist students to install software
- Assist students to troubleshoot computer software problems, especially outside of Kepler Technician hours
- Record technology-related problems as reported by students and staff and submit a weekly spreadsheet to the Kepler technician.
- Monitor technology on campus, including internet, television, and computer usage by collecting data frequently through surveys or personal reports
- Record and deliver broken computers to the Technician to control the flow of students into Kimironko Office
- Other tech duties, as assigned
- Highly computer-literate
- Must not have another work study
- In good academic standing (must be maintained throughout the role)
- Clear communication skills
- Creative/critical thinker
- Students from 2017 and 2018 cohort are eligible to apply
To Apply, write and upload an application letter and CV in this folder [Tech Assistant] by Wednesday, July 24, 2019.
For any questions regarding the position and eligibility, please contact:
Michele; IT Assistant at email@example.com, or Jane Kayihunga, Office Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org