JOB DESCRIPTION (JD)
Assistant to the Director – DRCS
Work – study description
Kepler is looking for a driven, and detail-oriented student to serve as an Assistant to the Director of Research and Community Service. This work-study requires 10 – 15 hours per week and will last for 6 months with a possibility of extension. The assistant’s primary role will be to assist with different research related activities of the department including recording and assessing data, report writing, and assist in implementing different specific initiatives by the directorate. The Assistant will have the following responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in receiving, recording, and assessing research data submitted to the directorate for analysis.
- Assist with the planning, and preparation of all educational and training workshops, seminars, webinars, and evaluation strategies.
- Assist in coding and verifying data in accordance with specified protocol and coding procedures set by the director and enter data using statistical tools for subsequent analysis.
- Maintain accurate records regarding the directorate’s research and other research partnerships in accordance with set standards.
- Attend all seminars, workshops, and other meetings as necessary.
- Compile data and prepare reports.
- Manage and respond to the directorate’s research related emails.
Qualification and Qualities
- Have started to work on BA courses and in good academic standing (must be maintained throughout the job).
- Creative and critical thinker.
- Organized, Extreme attention to detail, and good at the time and task management.
- Proficient with using Google Products (creating and uploading files and folders, sharing files folders, google forms, etc.).
- Proficient with using Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access – Optional).
- Excellent in using and manipulating Excel and Google spreadsheets to record and perform calculations.
- Average to good knowledge of SPSS Statistical software.
- Honest and trustworthy, able to manage confidential data.
- Excellent professional communication skills.
- Meeting deadlines.
- Experience with graphic design is an added advantage
- To apply, please send your cover letter and your most updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before September 10, 2021.
- In your email, use Assistant to the Director – DRCS as a subject.