We are hiring for the AY18-19 Resident Advisor Position. Please review the info below and apply.
About the Role
Kepler is looking for students to serve as Resident Advisors (RAs) and begin work in July 2018 in Kepler Student dormitory. The role of the RA is essential to Kepler’s mission and vision and is the first point of contact and support for students residing in the student dormitory. RAs will live in student dormitory in order to manage the building property, respond to students needs, report students problems, and help assist communication between Kepler and students living in the dormitory.
Work Study Responsibilities
- Coordinate dormitory activities
- Lead conflict resolution within the student dormitory
- Lead frequent activities
- Advocate for dormitory and students needs
- Coordinate Umuganda
- Collaborate with Dean of Students to liaise with local leaders
- Implement and reinforce dormitory rules & regulation
- Report violations of student handbook that occur within the dormitory
- Monitor hygiene and health-related issues within the student dormitory, building surroundings and the kitchen.
- Assist in the supervision of the dormitory cleaners
- Assist with making follow up on maintenance activities and other improvement projects
- Collaborate with the dormitory security guard
- Support healthy nutritional choices for students in the dormitory by checking on the food preparation and quality and checking whether the menu is being respected by vendor.
- Report health-related issues; both mental and physical
- Other related tasks as assigned
- Proven interpersonal skills
- Reporting and communication skills
- Good leadership skills
- No academic violations
- Conflict-management skills
- Strong organization skills
- Demonstrated adequate progress on CfA
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Year-long position commitment
- Free housing for the year served as a Resident Advisor
- Communication allowance
- Professional development
NB: Girls are encouraged to apply
Reports to: Health & Student Housing Manager
To Apply, follow this link and apply by deadline of June 22, 2018 [AY18-19 Resident Advisor Application Form]
Reach out to janvier if you have questions.